You must be a VTS Certified Facilitator before you can apply for Coaching Certification.
Once you are designated a VTS Certified Facilitator, you can complete the Coaching Certification application which includes the following:
Upload image discussion videos
- Video of image discussion #1 – led by a facilitator you will coach
- Video of group coaching session #1 – led by you
- Video of image discussion #2 – led by facilitator you will coach
- Video of 1-on-1 coaching session #2 – led by you
- Complete written reflection questions on formal application
- Submit application and fees through APPLY NOW button
There are several tutorials online that will help you learn how to make a video on your phone. Here is one we like:
Upload your videos to YouTube and paste the link to the videos into the application. There are several tutorials online that will help you upload the videos and access the link you will need to plug into your application. One we like is: https://youtu.be/klVWGHtRTuE
Answer application reflection questions
- We suggest you use a separate Word document to prepare the answers to your reflection questions*.
- Cut and paste your final responses into the formal application @ Apply Now
*please note: the VTS Certification application platform does NOT allow you to save drafts.
Pay your application + Certification fee *If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, submit your request at the Certification Scholarships link. You will need scholarship approval from VTS before submitting your application
VTS staff reviewers will analyze your videos and written reflections with guidance from the VTS Certified Coach skill-based rubric. Please review the evaluation rubric to gain insight into the specific skills and knowledge expected of a Certified Coach.
Evaluation of each application takes about 4-6 weeks.