VTS Look Club Online is an opportunity to come together as a community, to practice looking, talking, listening, and engaging with art and each other.
VTS Look Club – Online was created at the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic as the VTS Team focused on supporting the VTS community to remain present and connected through this tumultuous time of unknown length. The first event took place on April 21, 2020, and since then, VTS Look Club Online has become an experimental, free, weekly, one-hour event, for anyone to join via Zoom.
VTS Look Club Online takes place on Wednesdays, with a rotating monthly start time to accommodate global time zones.
Free registration each month on the VTS Events Page.
Community of Practice
Several months per year, join us for VTS Look Club Online Residencies, in which VTS trained Educators from museums and cultural institutions around the world share their facilitation and collection with the VTS Community in this monthlong “virtual field trip”. Since 2020, VTS Look Club Residencies have been led by:
- The National Portrait Gallery, Canberra, Australia
- VTS Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Seattle Art Museum, Seattle, WA
- The Wild Center, Tupper Lake, NY
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, CA
- The Ringling Museum, Sarasota, FL
Upcoming VTS Look Club Online Residencies:
- January 2023: Spotlight on the VTS Fellows
- February 2023: Spotlight on the VTS Fellows
- May 2023: National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, DC
If you have completed the VTS Beginner Practicum or higher, and would like to practice facilitating VTS image discussions, we invite you to sign-up to facilitate in breakout rooms at VTS Look Club Online. Additionally, this can be a space to prepare for Certification.