- Jan 22 - 31 2024
- 7:00 am - 9:00 am
VTS / Listening for Milestones in Aesthetic Development (January 2024)
Have you ever wondered what lies behind those viewer comments?
This VTS workshop: “VTS / Listening for Milestones in Aesthetic Development” is a closer look at viewer comments and their connection to Aesthetic Development.
Delve into the depths of Aesthetic Development with VTS, a method rooted in the pioneering research of Dr. Abigail Housen. Dr. Housen’s decades-long research has uncovered countless ways our minds engage with art. Explore the intricate patterns that emerge as we journey through an image.
During this 8-hour workshop, Amy Chase Gulden, VTS Trainer, and Tara Geer, Housen’s daughter, who is engaged in continued research around the significance of aesthetic thought and its role in general cognitive development, will help you appreciate the rich depth of thought within each viewer’s comment.
As a collective, we’ll unravel the complex thought processes behind specific comments and explore the challenges and rewards of aesthetic development. With these new understandings, you will be able to enhance your facilitation skills in VTS discussions as we analyze viewer comments across age groups through Dr. Housen’s lens. Witness the remarkable shifts in aesthetic thinking that will leave you inspired to more fully appreciate the learning of your groups.
Embark on a journey where cognitive growth is a fascinating, transformative path. This workshop is only offered twice per year, so don’t miss this chance to join us on a captivating voyage of the mind!
- This workshop is designed for practitioners who have completed VTS Beginner Practicum or beyond.
- This workshop will not focus on facilitation practice and coaching.
- This is an online workshop. We will be utilizing digital platforms such as Zoom and Google.
- Information for accessing the course materials will be emailed to participants before the start of the course. Participants must be able to attend all meetings to complete this workshop. In addition to class meetings, participants should plan to complete brief assignments/reflections between each class.
- Closed Captioning available.
- This workshop will be conducted in English.
- This course is scheduled in Pacific time zone. Please check your personal time zone alignment before registering. *Course must have a minimum of 10 enrolled in order to run.*
VTS Program Notes
Class time: 7:00am – 9:00am Pacific Time
- Monday, January 22
- Wednesday, January 24
- Monday, January 29
- Wednesday, January 31
SLIDING SCALE REGISTRATION
In Summer 2021, VTS explored the use of a sliding scale as an experiment in equitable pricing. Starting in July 2022, all VTS programs began utilizing a sliding scale for registration. We are confident that those who join us are committed to being part of a thoughtful community that is diverse, committed to collective learning, and interested in finding new ways of supporting each other. We have been inspired to use this pricing strategy by Embracing an Equity Sliding Scale.
Please use the guide below to self-select your registration fee for this program.
TIER 1 PRICE
Consider investing in the TIER 1 price if you:
- are supporting children or have other dependents
- have significant debt
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- are eligible for public assistance
- have immigration-related expenses
- are an elder with limited financial support
- are an unpaid community organizer
- are a returning citizen who has been denied work due to incarceration history
- experience discrimination in hiring or pay level
- are descended from enslaved people or Native American Indians
TIER 2 PRICE
Consider investing in the TIER 2 price if you:
- are single and/or without dependents
- are able to repay your student loans, are in repayment or have paid off your student loans
- have daily reliable transportation
- are able to miss work either for sickness or leisure, and are still able to pay next month’s bills
- travel when needed for an unexpected occasion like a family funeral or emergency
TIER 3 PRICE
Consider investing in the TIER 3 price, if you:
- own the home you live in
- have investments, retirement accounts or inherited money
- travel for recreation
- have access to family money and resources in times of need
- work part-time or are unemployed by choice, including unemployment due to full-time school in a degree-earning program
- have a relatively high degree of earning power due to level of education (or gender and racial privilege, class background, etc.)
- are registering with funds from your work at/with an institution (museum, school, university, etc.)
Questions? Please contact Amy Chase Gulden, VTS Training Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.