VTS / Beginner Practicum - ONLINE (FEBRUARY 2023)
Class time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm Pacific Time
- Monday, February 6
- Tuesday, February 7
- Thursday, February 9
- Monday, February 13
- Tuesday, February 14
- Thursday, February 16
The VTS Beginner Practicum focuses on developing VTS facilitation skills through presentation of the basic theoretical tenets of VTS and opportunities to practice with group coaching. As it is the first workshop in our training series, those new to VTS or with minimal experience are welcome.
This is an online training. We will be utilizing digital platforms such as Zoom and Google. Information for accessing the course materials will be emailed to participants two weeks before the start of the course.
Participants must be able to attend all meetings to complete this course. In addition to class meetings, participants should plan to complete assigned readings and reflections between each class.
This course is scheduled in Pacific time zone. Please check your personal time zone alignment before registering. *Course must have a minimum of 10 enrolled in order to run.*
SLIDING SCALE REGISTRATION
In Summer 2021, VTS explored the use of a sliding scale as an experiment in equitable pricing. Starting in July 2022, all VTS programs will utilize a sliding scale for registration. We are confident that those who join us are committed to being part of a thoughtful community that is diverse, committed to collective learning, and interested in finding new ways of supporting each other. We have been inspired to use this pricing strategy by Embracing an Equity Sliding Scale.
Please use the guide below to self-select your registration fee for this program.
TIER 1 PRICE: $395
Consider investing in the TIER 1 price if you:
- are supporting children or have other dependents
- have significant debt
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- are eligible for public assistance
- have immigration-related expenses
- are an elder with limited financial support
- are an unpaid community organizer
- are a returning citizen who has been denied work due to incarceration history
- experience discrimination in hiring or pay level
- are descended from enslaved people or Native American Indians
TIER 2 PRICE: $445
Consider investing in the TIER 2 price if you:
- are single and/or without dependents
- are able to repay your student loans, are in repayment or have paid off your student loans
- have daily reliable transportation
- are able to miss work either for sickness or leisure, and are still able to pay next month’s bills
- travel when needed for an unexpected occasion like a family funeral or emergency
TIER 3 PRICE: $495
Consider investing in the TIER 3 price, if you:
- own the home you live in
- have investments, retirement accounts or inherited money
- travel for recreation
- have access to family money and resources in times of need
- work part-time or are unemployed by choice, including unemployment due to full-time school in a degree-earning program
- have a relatively high degree of earning power due to level of education (or gender and racial privilege, class background, etc.)
Questions? Please contact Em Miller, VTS Trainer & Operations Manager at email@example.com.