- Sep 11 - 28 2023
- 6:00 am - 8:00 am
VTS / Advanced Practicum – Online (September 2023)
Supercharge your VTS practice with the VTS Advanced Practicum – a thrilling ride that takes your skills to the next level. Elevate your facilitation prowess through immersive coaching and stimulating exercises, meticulously designed to fine-tune your paraphrasing, faming, and linking abilities.
In addition, dive deep into the art of image selection, honing your skills to cater to the unique needs and interests of diverse audiences. Drawing inspiration from Abigail Housen’s enlightening Stages of Aesthetic Development, you’ll gain the insights you need to more deeply connect with every group.
To join the Advanced Practicum, you MUST have participated in a VTS Practicum or an introductory VTS Workshop within the past five years. If you joined us for a Beginner Practicum or other training over five+ years ago, don’t worry – simply showcase your expertise by submitting a 5-7 minute video leading a captivating VTS discussion.
With a minimum of ten hours of VTS teaching under your belt (with any group, in any setting), you should feel prepared to embark on the Advanced Practicum.
The spotlight is on YOU, and the Advanced Practicum is your ticket to confidently leading VTS discussions with any audience and will set you apart as a truly learner-centered leader!
This is an online training. We will be utilizing digital platforms such as Zoom and Google. Information for accessing the course materials will be emailed to participants before the start of the course.
Participants must be able to attend all meetings to complete this course. In addition to class meetings, participants should plan to complete assigned readings and reflections between each class. This course is scheduled in Pacific time zone. Please check your personal time zone alignment before registering. *Course must have a minimum of 8 enrolled in order to run.*
Class time: 6:00am – 8:00am Pacific Time
- Monday, September 11
- Tuesday, September 12
- Thursday, September 14
- Monday, September 18
- Tuesday, September 19
- Thursday, September 21
- Tuesday, September 26
- Thursday, September 28
SLIDING SCALE REGISTRATION
In Summer 2021, VTS explored the use of a sliding scale as an experiment in equitable pricing. In July 2022, all VTS programs began utilizing a sliding scale for registration. We are confident that those who join us are committed to being part of a thoughtful community that is diverse, engaged in active collective learning, and interested in finding new ways of supporting each other. We have been inspired to use this pricing strategy by Embracing an Equity Sliding Scale.
Please use the guide below to self-select your registration fee for this program.
TIER 1 PRICE
Consider investing in the TIER 1 price if you:
- are supporting children or have other dependents
- have significant debt
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- are eligible for public assistance
- have immigration-related expenses
- are an elder with limited financial support
- are an unpaid community organizer
- are a returning citizen who has been denied work due to incarceration history
- experience discrimination in hiring or pay level
- are descended from enslaved people or Native American Indians
TIER 2 PRICE
Consider investing in the TIER 2 price if you:
- are single and/or without dependents
- are able to repay your student loans, are in repayment or have paid off your student loans
- have daily reliable transportation
- are able to miss work either for sickness or leisure, and are still able to pay next month’s bills
- travel when needed for an unexpected occasion like a family funeral or emergency
TIER 3 PRICE
Consider investing in the TIER 3 price, if you:
- own the home you live in
- have investments, retirement accounts or inherited money
- travel for recreation
- have access to family money and resources in times of need
- work part-time or are unemployed by choice, including unemployment due to full-time school in a degree-earning program
- have a relatively high degree of earning power due to level of education (or gender and racial privilege, class background, etc.)
- are registering with funds from your work at/with an institution (museum, school, university, etc.)
Questions? Please contact Amy Chase Gulden, VTS Training Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.